Only three more days and I will have completed my challenge. So what have I learnt during my abstinence?
- I can survive without alcohol
- I can have a bad day without NEEDING alcohol (not sure how well this would stand without medication!)
- I haven’t died because I haven’t had alcohol
- I’ve lost weight!
- I can talk to people without needing to have a drink first
- I can go out socially and not drink without wanting to crawl into a corner
- I CAN still focus on a goal and achieve it
- Becks Blue is brilliant!
- Now my time is almost up, I’m not actually that bothered about having a drink
- But I AM happy that I will again have a choice
- No hangovers – although my head has hurt just as much due to lack of alcohol!
- People who want a cuppa in the evening instead of a glass of wine are not deviant
- You don’t have to be boring just because you don’t drink – although not drinking doesn’t stop you being boring 🙂
- My family and friends have supported me and are pleased with me for sticking at it so I feel……..good
Well, there is a tidy list of positives – the negatives? I can’t think of any, except that my brain doesn’t work as well on its own 🙂
Yet if I had been asked to stop drinking for a month just for me – which has been the case on several occasions (sorry doctor!) – I would have been most uncooperative and never achieved it.
It just goes to show that if we do things for someone else it is a major incentive. I wanted to raise some money to help, and I also didn’t want to let down the people who had faith in me and sponsored me.
There are still three days left to sponsor me so please don’t feel left out 🙂 Hopefully I can get back to my next novel following on from ‘Petals of a Rose’. There are people watching and waiting so that they can find out what happens to Rose, so I don’t want to tease them 🙂
Hope you’re having a great week. Bye for now 🙂